Whether it be inspection of existing or installation of new, General Fire & Safety can provide you with the service needed. Kitchen fire suppression systems are designed to cover specific appliances and hood sizes. General Fire & Safety can design and build your fire suppression system to comply with State of Iowa and local fire code compliance. Call on us to design a system that is right for your application!
State of Iowa and local fire code requires six month inspection cycle per IFC 904.5.1 of the International Fire Code.
R-102 RESTAURANT FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM
ANSUL products protect more food service kitchens from fire than any other brand. The R-102 Fire Suppression System incorporates a flexible design with an extremely effective ANSULEX Low pH Liquid Agent. ANSULEX quickly knocks down flames and cools hot surfaces, while generating a tough vapor securing blanket that helps prevent re-flash.
The R-102 system is designed to protect areas associated with ventilating equipment, including hoods, ducts, plenums, and filters. It also protects auxiliary grease extraction equipment and cooking equipment such as various types of fryers, griddles, range tops, broilers, char-broilers and woks. The system is ideally suited for commercial kitchens in fast food chains, retail food courts, diners, convenience stores, catering facilities, mobile food trucks, hotels and casinos, stadiums, schools, hospitals and more.
The R-102 system is cooking equipment friendly and offered in two designs: Appliance-Specific and Overlapping. The appliance-specific design aims the nozzles at the specific hazard areas of each appliance. With the overlapping design, the nozzles are arranged to overlap and provide a “fire-free zone” throughout a group of appliances.
- Six temperature heat detectors available for precise hazard specification
- Operating and storage temperature 0F (-18C) to 120F (49C)
- Valves incorporate pressure gauges for at a glance readiness status
- Cylinders can be piped together to minimize installation cost
- Listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., tested to UL 300
- Listed by Underwriters Laboratories of Canada, tested to ULC/ORD-1254C.6
- Conforms to NFPA standards 17A 96
- New York City MEA approval
- DOT rated steel cylinders
- Rapid fire detection with state-of-the-art heat detectors
- Removal of heat source as Range Guard system automatically turns off appliances
- Immediate fire suppression which quickly snuffs flames and prevents reflash
- Quick, easy clean up once appliances have cooled, the agent can be easily wiped away from equipment
AMEREX KP SYSTEM
Amerex offers two systems to meet the industry’s varying needs. With the Amerex KP Restaurant Fire Suppression System you get appliance-specific coverage that typically offers lower initial cost. The KP system is ideal for uses where appliance location is fixed such as in fast food chains, casual dining, cruise ships and school cafeterias.
The Amerex ZD Restaurant Fire Suppression System adds greater flexibility by letting you reconfigure a kitchen or move appliances without moving nozzles. Because of its adaptability, this system is the most cost effective choice over the life of the system. The ZD system was designed with fine dining, culinary schools, military facilities, hotels and hospitals in mind
We can assist in any need you may have with a kitchen fire suppression system. We can provide service on an existing system, update an existing system for any change you may need or install a brand new system. Our process can include plans that may need to be developed, as well as coordination and permit from a local fire authority to coordination with other trades such as plumbing in the gas line and electrical tie ins. We can also provide fire alarm tie in and fire extinguishers to complete all your fire code requirements. Call or email our Kitchen Fire Suppression folks at 515.265.3206 or click at the top of the page on the "CONTACT US" link to send us an email